(Based on a True incident)
On one cool evening, I sat at Victory at the Sea of Visakhapatnam beach.
While I was sitting on the beach road, a 70-year-old man who sits next to me was on the phone with his friend.
This old man asked him “How was your health”?
And also asked him, The due date to submit your Life certificate has arrived.
Have you submitted it?
Your health condition is not good, right? (With heavy heart)
Even though you are uncomfortable, try to get some energy and submit your Life Certificate to the nearest bank.
Then I thought, As his friend’s health condition is bad to visit physically & submit his life certificate to the banker, I wanted to tell him about certain Banking services which can be completed successfully by sitting at home.
But that day I step backward, as I don’t know how they will react if an unknown person speaks about their financial dealings.
It is the situation of most of the elders as they may not be able to go out of home on all the important tasks.
But certain banking-related works must be completed by visiting the banks irrespective of their health conditions ..!!.
Let’s change this, my dear friends..!!
From next time onwards, when your elder’s health is not proper or confessed. Even if it’s raining or sunny outside or else your children are outside the city or country. But Don’t let them stop their work anymore.
As most people don’t know that India’s largest Public sector Bank, the State Bank of India (SBI) offers certain banking services for elders at their doorstep itself.
i.e. SBI Door Step Service or SBI doorstep banking
What are the available doorstep services? Let’s know what more else will be provided through these services like Home delivery.
Firstly, Let us know What are the available services to the elders through this SBI doorstep service..?
Let’s get started..!!
- List of available SBI Door Step Banking Services
- How many visits can be allowed in a single day?
- Who are eligible for SBI Doorstep Banking services?
- How to register it?
- How can I avail of SBI Doorstep service?
- What are the charges for doorstep banking in SBI?
- How to Pay the charges?
- How much time will it take to complete the service, you asked for?
List of available SBI Door Step Banking Services
1. You need to go to the ATM to withdraw cash but you have no patience. Then, can bring up to Rs.20,000 rupees to your home using the SBI doorstep banking service. For this, you have to write a cheque and hand it over to the SBI representative.
2. Also, if You have Money in your hand, you have to deposit it in your SBI Bank account.!!
But you felt risky taking that money either to the Bank or ATM for deposit purposes, don’t worry Grandpa..!!
You can deposit your money up to Rs.20,000/- in your SBI bank account through these services.
An SBI representative will visit your home and will collect your money and deposit it into your bank account.
How much minimum amount can be withdrawn using this service?
A minimum amount of Rs.1,000/- should be withdrawn.
3. Whereas, on your Fixed Deposits (FD), you can submit Form-15H from home. The Form-15H will be submitted for not deducting TDS for interest earned on it. From now onwards, you can Form 15H from your home itself. No need to visit the bank.
4. If you want to
– Issue Cheques to anyone,
– To deposit Cheque requisition slips,
– Withdraw or deposit any Drafts, Term Deposit Slips, etc.,
Apart from that as discussed earlier about submitting the Life Certificate by Pensioners which needs to submit yearly once and also KYC documents can be submitted from your home.
How many visits can be allowed in a single day?
To avail of any of these services, only 1 transaction is allowed in a day. So you complete the most important work on that day.
This way, you can manage all your banking activities from the comfort of your home.
Who are eligible for SBI Doorstep Banking services?
– SBI allows these doorstep services to Senior citizens who are 70 years of age &
– Any person who is differently abled or infirm Persons (Having medically certified chronic illness or disability) including those who are visually impaired can also avail of these services.
– If you want to avail of these services, you have to complete the KYC (i.e. Know Your Customer) process and
– These services will be offered to customers having a registered address within a radius of 5 KMs from the Home Branch.
– Single account holders and Joint Account Holders with Either or Survivor/ Former or Survivor.
Not available for:
-Accounts operated jointly.
-Accounts of Non-Personal nature.
How to register it?
Method 1 – By Phone Call:
For senior citizens who want to avail of SBI Doorstep banking services, Toll-free numbers are
1800 1037 188 (or)
1800 1213 721
It is to be noted that you should register your services, by calling from your Registered mobile only.
Method 2 -By Visiting Branch:
You can submit your application after filling it out.
> Click here to Download the SBI Doorstep service application
Once the registration is completed, you will receive an SMS confirmation for the registered customers.
How can I avail of SBI Doorstep service?
Method 1 – By Phone Call:
If you want to avail of SBI doorstep banking service,
You can dial the number 1800 1111 03 ( From 9 am to 4 pm) and place a service request as per your need.
Method 2 – By Yono SBI:
If you have SBI Yono App, you can also place your SBI Doorstep service request through it.
– Go to the “Menu” section
– Select the “Service Request” option.
– You can find “Doorstep Services”
Want to Watch this article (in Telugu)
What are the charges for doorstep banking in SBI?
Are there any service charges to avail of these services?
Is doorstep banking free for senior citizens?
For Senior citizens:
For Non-financial transactions – Rs.60 + GST will be charged.
For Financial transactions – Rs.100 + GST will be charged per visit.
For a Physically handicapped (PHC), these SBI doorstep services are completely Free.
You can have 3 Monthly Visits for Free. If you want more visits, then you will have to pay service charges as applicable to senior citizens.
How to Pay the charges?
You don’t have to make any cash payment for this service because all the key charges for these services are deducted from your bank account.
How much time will it take to complete the service, you asked for?
Any service you request through SBI door service will clear you a maximum of T+1 working day except holidays.
T+1 working day means Trade settlement must be done within a day or 24 hours of time. T+1 means a total of 2 working days.
Summarizing, here is the list of 9 services that can be availed through SBI Doorstep banking services.
- Cash pickup.
- Cash delivery.
- Cheque pickup
- Cheque requisition Slip pickup.
- Form 15H pickup.
- Delivery of Drafts.
- Delivery of Term Deposit AdviceDelivery of Term Deposit Advice.
- Life Certificate Pickup.
- KYC documents pickup.
I hope you understood the “SBI Doorstep Banking Services” concept.
Please Comment “GOOD” if you like the article and it encourages us. Also, share this article with your Friends & Family…
Thanks for reading..!!!
Author is a Qualified CMA with rich industry experience for more than 6 years. He is an All India Ranker (AIR-101) in CMA and also a Semi-Qualified Chartered Accountant having a quite good experience in teaching the subjects of Accounting and Costing to the commerce aspirants.