Last Updated on June 17, 2023 by Sravan
It’s a Saturday morning..!!
Got ready for an outing..!
But my bike fuel indicator displays as “No Petrol”
All of a sudden, I went to Siripuram Petrol station to pump Rs.500/- worth of petrol.
The bunk guy pumped the petrol.
After filling up with petrol, I gave Rs.500/- rupees note to the bunk guy. He put it towards the sky and turned it back and forth twice & put it in his pocket.
To what extent it is known that the notes given to him by the customers are real or fake?
I don’t know about him but how many of you know that the Rs.500/- note, you have in your pocket is real or fake?
If you read this article till the end, you can educate at least 10 people on which note is original and which one is faked.
Let’s see how to identify the fake currency of the 500 rupee note..!!
In this article, I am telling you about the original 500 Note & it is Mahatma Gandhi New Series.
Its size is 66mm x 150 mm.
I will start with the front side of the note, and that too from the left-hand side onwards.
It is also to be noted that all the identifications mentioned in the article are suggested by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI). So, observe all the 15 steps carefully to find the original note, my dear friends.
16 must observe identifications in an Rs.500/- Note
1. If you see from the extreme left, firstly look at this area from the bottom (See the image below). If seen from long, you will see 2 White color lines will appear here.
Now, turn your note in a clockwise direction to see it clearly. There you will see 500, which is an identification number.
2. The number 500 will look like an English letter but it’s not our regular number system format. It is a Devanagari script. Your note value in that script will be mentioned in that number system format.
(You can see this in the below image)
3. if you look here you can see the Father of the Nation, Shri Mahatma Gandhi’s photo will also appear in the middle. It is another identification.
4. Now, I’m going to show you a very interesting identification. If you see here, there is a green color dots lines thread which is vertically next to Shri. Mahatma Gandhi. If you see that line from a distance, it looks like a Green color line. But if you the note slightly to the side, you can clearly see that the thread of the window will change from green color to dark blue color. This is very imp identification.
Want to watch “How to identify Fake 500 rupee note“, Watch the below video (in Telugu)
5. Also if you look next to the thread, you can see a Guarantee clause. It also contains RBI Governor’s Signature along with that a Promise clause will also be visible on the note.
You can also see the “RBI Logo”.
All these identifications tell you that you have the original note with you.
6. Now, I’m going to show you another very interesting identification mark on a 500 note.
If you notice there is a blank space on the right side of the signature. Right..!
If you observe that space carefully, you can see Shri. Mahatma Gandhi’s photo can be visible transparently. And also, the note’s value of Rs.500/- will also appear as Watermark.
Do remember this.
7. Also below this, you will see 6 digit series which appears to you as Lowercase to Uppercase letters.
8. Also on top of it if you see 500 can be seen in glittering green color. If you turn your note a little 5 degrees angle, you can see that 500 turns into Blue colors. This is also another key identification.
9. The Ashok Pillar can also be seen on the right side of the note.
10. For blind people, If you look at the right side here, you will see Rs.500 in a small circle.
11. And also, five bleed lines are visible on the left and right sides of the Rs.500/- note. Based on these bleed lines, blind people can identify the note value. i.e. 5 Bleed lines = Rs.500/- Note.
Whereas, the Rs.100 note, it will have 4 bleed lines, which are also drawn in raised print to help the blind.
12. Besides, the back side of the Rs.500/- note also we have 5 more identifications. If you look here on the left, you can see the printed year of this 500 rupee note.
13. Also here you can see, Swachh Bharat Logo,
14. In the middle is the language panel, which mentions 500 rupees with 15 languages.
15. Also the historic red fort symbol.
16. Finally, Rs.500/- value in Devanagari script.
I hope you understood the “How to check Rs. 500 note Original or Fake” concept.
Please Comment “GOOD” if you like the article and it encourages us. Also, share this article with your Friends & Family…
Thanks for reading..!!!
Author is a Qualified CMA with rich industry experience for more than 6 years. He is an All India Ranker (AIR-101) in CMA and also a Semi-Qualified Chartered Accountant having a quite good experience in teaching the subjects of Accounting and Costing to the commerce aspirants.